Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Newbie


The newbie: Love+Food+Cooking+Eating=Me

My History with Food:

For as long as I can remember, my fondest memory as a young girl was watching my grandmother cook.  Grandma cooked the most amazing traditional Chinese food and her culinary skills naturally passed down to my aunts and mother.  Soon after, it was my time to stand in front of the stove.  I remember cooking my first pot of rice at 6 years old and making my mom a lavish breakfast in bed for Mother’s Day when I was 8.  The smile on her face was what sparked my passion for food and cooking, in the kitchen is where I feel most creative and at peace. 

Why Blog?

My interest in food blogging was sparked by my sister’s friend Suzy.  Suzy has this amazing food blog recording all the great recipes she has learned from her family and created throughout the years.  This year she announced that she will slow down her blogging and I was extremely disappointed.  With her sweet words and encouragement, I decided that I too can blog and share my memories, stories, and food with anyone who is interested.  So here I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment